About The Club
Here’s some summary information on when and where we meet:
- Venue: Galway Bridge Centre (upstairs)
- Address: St. Marys Road, Galway
- When: Thursdays from 8pm onwards
- Season: From September to April
Anyone can call in on the night to find out what happens or maybe have a couple of games of blitz. Members vary from the young to the old and from beginners to masters. Here is a list of activities we engage in:
- Club Winter League (7 long rated games in a season at the club)
- Monthly rapid play competition (20 minute games sometimes with handicaps)
- Connaught League
- Casual games
Some nights have more formal activities going on than others but anyone can call in and spectate.
Every October we organise the Galway Chess Congress over a weekend. People from all over Ireland come to a Galway hotel (the Salthill Hotel for the last few years) to play chess. Its our flagship event and we are always interested in getting help organising it. Offers of sponsorship are particularly welcome!
We can be contacted by e-mailing the following address (put this back together): galwaychess at gmail dot com.